Sunday, September 11, 2011

Watch out Liz!!

I know, I know... I'm a pop reference nightmare. Yesterday I referred to David Hasselhoff, who is not a Hasselback, and today Elizabeth Hasselbeck. But you can understand where I would jump to conclusions. But obnoxious reality stars (gag) aside today we are talking about Hasselback Potatoes! Okay, so I am thrilled to say that I made something that legit came out as pretty as the origional. Check it out.

The Original, sea salt with food's Hasselback Potatoes!
Milford Sound in New Zealand


And then... TA DA!!! Mine!






They came out delicious. The slices of potato were crispy and crunchy on the outside and soft and garlickly. So good. And of course you can make them a million different ways. I was thinking three different fingerling potatoes on a plate hasselbacked (is that how this hasselback thing works?) but my next expierement is sweet potatoes. Tomorrow look at some badass pictures of our spur of the moment broiled meatballs with spaghetti and homemade garlic bread. Carb city! Good thing I only eat fruit and veggies all day at work.

The only think that I can add is that we only cooked two potatoes and they took closer to 50-55 minutes than the 40 recomended on the original. But obviously it worked. Hopefully more hasselbacked food is in your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment